Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Hoppy Easter! He is Risen!

My Family
Sophie didn't even realize the Easter bunny was there....


We basically had the perfect Easter weekend. We left Good Friday, and had dinner Friday night with both families. I don't think everyone had been together since Sophie's first birthday. Sophie was so excited to have everyone together; she kept squealing with excitement throughout dinner. Saturday morning we had our annual Easter egg hunt at Houston Country Club. Sophie had a great time, although by the time the hunt actually started, she was starving, so her attitude wasn't the best. You'll be able to tell by the glazed look in her eyes in some of the pictures I'll post! She is going through this picky phase at breakfast. We were able to get a family photo with the Easter bunny. Easter Sunday was spent with my family. They attended a requiem mass at the Co- Cathedral downtown, Steven and I took Sophie to the children's service at our old church, St. Martin's. Maybe next year Sophie can hang through mass....... We met up for brunch at the Plaza Club, where Sophie proceeded to eat two whole wheat rolls for lunch. Insert eye roll here. :) Steven and I attended baseball's Opening Night at Minute Maid Park. We saw the beleaguered Astros squash the Rangers. I wore a Rangers shirt, but left happy for my home team. It was a great weekend, and the time we spent with our families was so special. Next up? Sophie's 2nd year birthday bash......

My sweet family
Sophie and Caroline with Grandma
Sophie with her Grandparents
Sisters!





No comments:

Post a Comment