Monday, June 11, 2012

My baby is now a toddler?!?!

The last two months have been interesting, and jam packed. We did three trips to Houston in five weeks. A trip for Easter, my birthday, and Ella's first birthday party. Sophie had her first plane ride on May 4. She was incredible. No crying, no screaming. Sat in her seat for the duration of the flight! My little baby is rapidly becoming a little person, with flashes of toddler. She says several words now- dog, Hunter (the name of her dog), duck, yes, yeah, ma ma, da da, and THANK YOU! Sophie has also starting "reading". She will hold the book and look at the pages. Reading to her is difficult, because she grabs the book after a few pages, and tries to eat it. So, it was refreshing to see her mimic reading. Any child of mine has to have a love of books.... It is genetically programmed into her DNA.


But every now and then the toddler rears its ugly head. We went to Jamba Juice yesterday after the zoo, and when Sophie realized I did not buy her an apple cinnamon pretzel to go with her smoothie like I usually do, she threw a huge fit and screamed all the way home. Seriously. But mostly my new toddler is fun. She is my constant companion, accompanying me everywhere. I definitely never feel lonely with my Sophie around. She started school today, and it was rough. We are transitioning to one nap, which is also rough. But both will get easier as she gets older.

Sophie and I stay busy with Little Gym, Play Wisely, and swim lessons. Her first swim lesson was last week, and she loved every second. I had to drag her out of the pool. My girl and I share a love of water. We are taking Sophie on her first vacation July 3, to the Lost Pines Resort outside of Austin. My wonderful parents are treating us to a four day trip, and we are beyond excited. We started planning it last Fourth of July, after Sophie spent the entire weekend sick with an ear infection. I am praying we have a healthy trip this year! Steven and I are going to Disney World in August, adults only! Our first real getaway in two years. We love Disney, and are looking forward to great meals, sleeping in, lounging by the pool, and great rides. Sophie will spend five days with my parents, who will then need a vacation of their own to recover from a week with Sophie!

My next blog will consist of vacation tidbits and details about my new niece. I can't wait to meet Caroline Rose!

No comments:

Post a Comment